Sit Still my Daughter Winter 2022
The tenth edition of the Sit Still my Daughter magazine has arrived and there are so many wonderful stories tucked between it's covers. As always, our goal is to always point you back to God, to remind you that you are not alone but there are others who have gone through a similar season as you but God was faithful and He will continue to be. If you want to know God better and learn from the wisdom of other women who have walked a similar path then this magazine is for you.
In this 120 page issue, you will find these stories and more:
- No Matter What: She had prayed for years to have a child but God's answer was "no". This denial did not dampen her faith as she had determined to be faithful no matter what. In His own time, He did grant her request but not because she had finally earned a "yes".
- I am a Missionary: She describes herself first as Matt's wife and willingly follows him as God leads which would include serving overseas and stateside as a missionary. In sickness and in health she and her husband were devoted to serving God together.
- Days of Waiting: As a young girl she had vowed never to marry but in God's timing and through the prayers of a faithful mother, she did meet a wonderful man.
- Home to Haven: Her desire to gift three young brides with a personalized gift eventually lead to the spark to launch her own business from the home.
- Gospel Glimpses: After reading the Bible for two years on her own she opened her heart to Christ but as she looked back there were several glimpses of the gospel scattered throughout her childhood and into her adult life. A wonderful challenge and reminder that we are called to be a witness for Christ.
- Teaching your children to share the Gospel: We are commanded to share the Good News with everyone and that mandate includes children who have claimed the name of Jesus yet it can be a difficult conversation to start. Gain some wonderful suggestions on how to help and encourage your children to be soul winners.
- If Not for Grace: One in four women will have an abortion in her lifetime, sadly the after effects can last for years. Learn about a ministry that seeks to help these women and their families find healing, that their past does not have to define their future.
- Finding Comfort in Jesus not Food: It is easy to make food our go-to source for comfort especially after a stress filled day but it was never intended to be. Only Jesus provides us with lasting comfort and that is what Faithful Workouts shares with us along with some sweet encouragement for our souls.
- Pasta Delights: Cook 2 Flourish has some wonderful recipes to the traditional pasta that are absolutely delicious and nutritious for the whole family.
There is much more inside this issue including self-care, book reviews, a moment in Psalms, thoughtful stories, a three month Bible reading plan, and how to be a lady tips.
For those who are local in the Greenville area and would like to arrange a pickup simply enter the code: local to remove shipping cost at check out.